Are you ready to start a new family tradition? I can think of no easier way to create a fall memory than having the kids put out the fall decorations while preparing this seasonal treat. The simmering apples create a seasonal perfume rich with cinnamon and a hint of citrus. Cups of steaming hot cider will have your kid’s mouths watering as they go for each and every stolen sip. This hot apple cider recipe will soothe and warm everyone on the cool fall days. My family draws to the serving bowl without invitation asking for the first cup. See the pictures below and the video to be on your way to making your very own fall memories at home with those you share your life with.
Forget the store bought apple cider, this recipe is so easy and only requires a few ingredients. Once you make this you’ll never want to cheapen your fall home experience with store bought apple cider again.
Serve this up as you admire the fall decorations together and you will create a childhood memory that will forever be tied to the aromatic scent of this fall classic. Checkout the recipe below to see how convenient this satisfying hot apple cider is to create.
Cinnamon, nutmeg, whole cloves and brown sugar.
Pressure cook or slow cook.
Mash with a potato masher.
Transfer to a fine-mesh-strainer.
Hot apple cider
- Instant Pot (pressure cooker) or slow cooker
- 10 apples
- 1 orange
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 10 cups filtered water
- Clean the apples and cut into quarters (4 pieces); leave the core and seeds.
- Peel the orange and cut into quarters (4 pieces).
- Place the cut apples, orange, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, brown sugar and water into the pressure cooker or slow cooker. Put the lid on.
- Pressure cook on high for 10 minutes and natural release; Slow cooker cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the lid and use a potato masher or wooden spoon to mash everything together.
- Place a fine mesh strainer in a big bowl or pot. Scoop out the contents of the cooker and place in the fine mesh strainer.
- Use a wooden spoon and press against the strainer to remove all the juice from the mashed cider mixture. Once thoughly strained, discard remains. Watch video for reference.
- Transfer the fresh and hot apple cider to a jar or pitcher that has a sealer/top. The cider will keep refrigerated up to one week. The Cider will keep up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Add more sweetener if you prefer and garnish with cinnamon, oranges or apples.