“Pass the Gravy Please” Smooth savory warm Turkey Gravy sets the tone for the Thanksgiving meal as eyes widen with anticipation when you lightly drizzle this rich brown holiday nectar across the top of your mashed potatoes and turkey. This gravy also goes great with rolls and is a guaranteed hit at the family gathering. You will never go wrong adding an authentic traditional Turkey Gravy to the menu as a welcome option of indulgence that also adds the finishing touch to the table and the plates of those that gather for the feast. Have plenty of this flavor explosive side to make sure this years foodlicious experience is memorable, comforting and fulfilling.
Watch the video and check out the instructions below to see how easy a quality gravy is to make and step up your table’s authenticity this holiday season with this wonderful Turkey Gravy recipe. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and please let me know if you try one of my recipes, as this is my labor of love.
Add butter; wait until nearly all the butter is melted. Add half of the flour to the pan; whisk.
Add half of the flour to the pan; whisk. Continue to whisk and slowly add the rest of the flour.
Bring to a boil for 30 seconds and reduce the heat to medium.
Let it simmer for 10 minutes or until desired consistency.
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup butter unsalted
- 4 cups turkey or chicken broth low-sodium
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- turkey drippings approx. ½ cup
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs leaves only
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the pan up to medium-high. Add butter; wait until nearly all the butter is melted.
- Add half of the flour to the pan; whisk. Continue to whisk and slowly add the rest of the flour.
- Slowly add the drippings to the pan (make sure to whisk well to prevent lumps); whisk until well mixed.
- Add the fresh finely minced thyme and the soy sauce; mix well.
- Slowly pour ½ cup of broth into the pan; whisk until smooth. Repeat the step by adding second ½ cup; whisk until smooth. Then slowly pour in the rest of the broth; mix and whisk.
- Season with salt and pepper; mix.
- Bring to a boil for 30 seconds and reduce the heat to medium. Let it simmer for 10 minutes or until desired consistency.