This absolutely elegant homemade Raspberry Chocolate Cake smells enticingly delicious fresh out of the oven and yet it is so easy to make. The zesty tartness of fresh Raspberries strategically embedded in this soft, moist, fluffy and gently rich chocolate reward will elevate your taste buds with a twist of heavenly delight. Add a highlight to the finish of a long work week by treating you and your family to this fantastic dessert. Another option is to enjoy this cake with a nice hot cup of coffee after a big meal or with a cold glass of milk anytime of the day just because it is always a good time to eat chocolate and raspberries in a cake. Check out the video to see just how easy this rare beauty is to prepare and feel free to leave a comment so you can let me know what you think about this or any of my recipes.
Since its summer, raspberries are in season and they will not break the bank when adding some sophistication to the dessert menu. Baking a cake like this is one of my favorite things to do because the members of the house will pay a visit to the cook and make sure all is good as they line up for the first taste. For best results follow the directions and use the recommended 9-inch cake pan.
Once you try making this cake using my suggestions for an easy to bake chocolate cake, you’ll never buy the kind in the box again. My recipe is just as easy and tastes so much better than anything off the shelf at the local grocery store. Not to mention made from scratch cake steps up the game and will establish you as a serious home-cooker once you see the looks on your families face as they take that first bite of this mouth watering raspberry chocolate experience. This can keep in the refrigerator but is best left out at room temp prior to serving. Enjoy and have a great weekend!
Raspberry Chocolate Cake
- 9-inch cake pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil or canola
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 6 oz fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 375°F / 190°C.
- In a large bowl, sift flour, cocoa powder,baking powder and baking soda. Add sugar and salt to the bowl, mix.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the eggs. Add oil, milk and vanilla extract then mix. Add about half of the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and continue to mix. Then slowly add the rest of the dry flour mixture. Whisk until no lumps.
- Carefully pour the boiling water in with the wet mixture and whisk until uniform.
- Pour half of the batter in to a 9-inch cake pan.
- Place the raspberries into the 9-inch pan,careful to evenly space them out.
- Gently pour the remaining batter into the 9-inch pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and rest the cake in the pan for 15-20 minutes before transferring it to a cake rack.
- Cool for another 15 minutes.
15 thoughts on “Raspberry Chocolate Cake”
This looks so delicious and decadent! Raspberry and chocolate are one of our favorite flavor combos!
Ours too when in season. We had to split the last piece four ways just this morning.
A beautiful combo…raspberries are one of my favourite fruits…Thank you for following CarolCooks2 🙂
Thank you and I look forward to exploring your site.
And I yours 🙂
Thanks for the follow 🙂
I’m happy to be your 100th follower! Keep up the great work.
Thank you. Will try my best.
Yum yum yum, thank you for the follow
Chocolate is my friend. 🍃🍓
One of the best friends you can have 😉
This Raspberry Chocolate Cake is tasty