Yaki Udon (Stir Fry Udon Noodles)
Thick delicious sauce coated noodles that burst with smooth natural flavors and are as versatile as your preferences on any given day.
- 2 packs pre-cooked udon noodles vacuum-packed
- ½ lb ground meat pork, beef, chicken, shrimp or vegan
- 2 cups sliced napa cabbage substitute with green cabbage
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms white, cremini, shiitake or oyster
- 2 tbsp canola, vegetable or peanut oil
- 3 scallions cut into 2" long
- ½ onion sliced
- 1-3 tbsp chili oil (to taste) optional
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce substitute with vegan oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp honey or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp mirin substitute with dry sherry or sweet marsala wine
- 1 tsp rice vinegar substitute with white vinegar
Heat the wok/pan to medium-high, add 2 tbsp oil then wait for ~30 seconds. Place the meat in and cook for 2 minutes or until no longer pink.
Add mushrooms and onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the onions becomes translucent. Add cabbage and cook for 1 minute.
Place the cooked noodles in the wok/skillet. Pour sauce on top of the noodles and mix until well coated. Add green onions and mix. [Optional: add chili oil and mix]
Serve immediately and enjoy!