Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Tortilla soup is a medley of Spanish inspired flavors that will satisfy your hunger and please your senses.
- 2 boneless & skinless chicken breast
- 20 oz rotel tomatoes 2 cans
- 14 oz black beans drained & rinsed
- 4 cups unsalted or low sodium chicken broth/stock
- 1 cup corn
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice about 1
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 large jalapeño remove seed & chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 8 corn tortillas cut into strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place parchment paper or silicone mat on a baking sheet. Cut the corn tortillas into strips. Place them in a bowl, add olive oil and toss until well coated. Transfer the tortilla strips to the baking sheet. Bake for 5-8 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove the strips and let cool before serving.
Pour soup into a bowl and add corn tortillas strips on top. Garnish with cheese, sour cream, chopped cilantros, lime juice, jalapeños or sliced avocados.