Creamy delicious mashed potatoes are so easy to make when using the instant pot. The potatoes keep their flavor and this recipes adds the finishing touches that will have your family grabbing large heaping spoonfuls of this comforting side. My children love this recipe so much, I have made it three time this week. Potatoes are filling and an affordable way to feed those hungry teenagers. Yukon gold has a natural buttery flavor and is skinless making them ideal for mashed potatoes.
Watch the video, follow the instructions below and you will be on your way to a serving of quality mashed potatoes. May your holiday season bring you all the joy and fulfillment your heart desires and may your next food experience be foodlicious.
Garnish with more butter and fresh chopped parsley, dill or chives.
Place the cut potatoes into the cooker.
Pour enough water to cover the potatoes. Pressure cook on high for 10 minutes and follow the manufacture instructions for a quick release.
Drain and return the potatoes back to the cooker.
Use a potato masher to with poatoes in the cooker; pour in warm heavy whipping cream and smash until lumps no larger than the size of a pea.
Salt and mash until smooth.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream warm
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- butter for garnish
- fresh chopped parsley, dill or chives
- Clean and peel the potatoes. Cut into 4 pieces. Place the cut potatoes into the cooker. Pour enough water to cover the potatoes.
- Place the lid on. Pressure cook on high for 10 minutes, followed by a quick release . Follow the manufacture instructions for releasing the pressure. Remove the lid.
- Drain and return the potatoes back to the cooker. Use a potato masher: pour in warm heavy whipping cream and smash until lumps no larger than the size of a pea. Add butter, salt and mash until smooth.