This Baked Chicken and Rice is so simple to make and will turn out perfectly tasty on a bed of moist fluffy rice every time. Warm the hearth of your kitchen this cooling season with a foodlicious baked dish of heavenly tender juicy chicken and soft succulent mouth watering rice.
A one-pan oven meal that is great for beginners and is a classic that everyone will enjoy. Using just a few ingredients and relying heavily on the natural flavors, this meal will be ready to eat in no time flat.
You can prepare this dish ahead of time and place the servings in storage containers for quick and easy lunches on the go. Also, great for office workers to reheat in the microwave for a good home cooked lunch at work. Save your money from eating out and have a better meal for way less cost. Watch the video and check out the recipe to see just how easy this dish is to create.
Be sure to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube or subscribe to the blog for emails and receive free eatfoodlicious recipes daily.
Remove the chicken skin.
Chicken and seasonings.
Chicken broth, water, onions, garlic and butter.
Place the chicken in the bake dish on the rice.
Juicy tender chicken and rice.
Please follow Facebook, Instagram, Twitter , Pinterest, or subscribe to my YouTube channel.
Baked Chicken & Rice
- 6 chicken thighs skinless
- 1 ½ cup rice uncooked
- 1 ½ cup chicken broth low-sodium
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½-1 tsp salt adjust to your liking
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp thyme
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C).
- In a 13" x 9" baking dish, coat interior surface with olive oil. Wash/clean and rinse the rice at least twice.
- Combine rinsed rice, chopped onions, minced garlic, melted butter, chicken broth and water in the baking dish.
- Remove the skin from the chicken thighs. Place them in a bowl. Sprinkle and rub the seasonings on the chicken. Place the chicken in the bake dish on the rice.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes (uncovered). Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes prior to serving.
Top with fresh cilantro and Enjoy!
More Chicken Recipes