Vietnamese Grilled Shrimp Vermicelli Bowl is a light, tasty and easy to prepare meal that is perfectly satisfying anytime. Follow these instructions to make your very own tender, lightly charred, juicy and tasty shrimp. The fish sauce marinade has a hint of black pepper and paprika that will have the shrimp bursting with flavor at every bite. Be sure to check out the video for this recipe and feel free to browse my growing catalog for more foodlicious suggestions.
This delicious salad bowl is great for anyone who wants to eat something healthy.
A light meal that is so simple.
Marinate for 15 minutes; raw large shrimps, fish sauce, black pepper and paprika.
Follow instructions on package for Vermicelli cook time.
Direct grill on high for 3-4 minutes per-side.
Add noodles, fresh cucumber, bean spout, herbs, pickled carrots and grilled shrimp to the bowl. Pour the dipping sauce over everything.
Grilled Shrimp Vermicelli Bowl (Bun Tom Nuong)
- 15 large shrimp, raw peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- dash black pepper
- dash paprika
Vietnamese Savory Fish Dipping Sauce (Nuoc Mam)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce add more or less to you liking
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp coconut soda or coconut water
- 1 garlic finely minced
- ½ lime juice add more or less to you liking
- 2 Thai red peppers Optional
Rice Vermicelli Noodles
- 8 oz Vermicelli
- green lettuce
- pickled carrots
- fresh herbs
- In a medium size pot; boil water and add vermicelli. Follow instructions on package for Vermicelli cook time.
Marinate the shrimp
- In a medium size bowl; combine shrimp, fish sauce, salt and paprika. Cover and marinate for 15 mintues.
- In a small-medium bowl, place all the ingredients together and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Direct grill on high for 3-4 minutes per-side or until fully cooked.
Arranging the bowl
- Place the cooked vermicelli on the bottom of the bowl. Arrange toppings around the edges of the bowl.
- Place 5 grilled shrimp in the center.
- Pour the dipping sauce over the food.