Creamy Mac & Cheese is a comfort food connoisseurs favorite that has never been easier to prepare using fresh ingredients. This instant pot recipe maintains the noodle integrity and locks in the melted cheeses to create a cheese lovers paradise. The cheese covered noodles glisten and fill the air with thick rich perfume. The first bite is so luscious your taste buds will burst with stimulation and flavor. Add a touch of hot sauce (see instructions) and fill your soul with a twist of mouthwatering satisfaction.
Watch the video and check out the instructions below to be ready to prepare a simple meal that pleases the senses as a main or side for any upcoming family event. This recipe is a good base for many different options. Use your preference of noodles, add more hot sauce, extra cheese or almost anything you can think of. Mac & Cheese serves well as a side with most any main entree. If on the go, put some in a container bowl and take with you. Mac & Cheese is highly versatile and when made using fresh authentic ingredients it creates a quality foodlicious experience.
Delicious comfort food.
Add chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, and onion powder; mix and stir.
Mix softened cream cheese and mix until completely covered in the noodles.
Add buffalo sauce and shredded cheddar cheese.
Add Parmesan cheese.
Season with salt and pepper.
Tender Creamy Mac & Cheese
Share on social media
Instant Pot Creamy Mac & Cheese
- Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot
- 16 oz cavatappi noodles 1 box
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth or vegetables broth
- 2 cups shredded sharp chedder cheese preferably freshly shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese preferably freshly shredded
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tbsp buffalo sauce or crystal hot sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt +/- adjust to you liking
- ¼ tsp black pepper +/- adjust to you liking
- Place cavatappi noodles into the cooker (cavatappi is recomended but if you prefer a different type feel free to venture out, it will turn out just as good). Add chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, cream cheese and onion powder; mix and stir.
- Place the lid on. Pressure cook on high for 3 minutes and 5 minutes natural release. Follow the manfacture instructions for a quick release. Remove the lid. Mix well until the cream cheese completely covers the noodles.
- Add buffalo sauce and the rest of the cheese (in 4-5 increments to prevent clumping); stir until cheese is fully melted and well mixed. Season with 1 tsp salt (+/- adjust to your liking) and ¼ tsp black pepper; mix and stir.
Serve and enjoy!
More Instant Pot Recipes