Ube (Purple) Yam has a beautiful vibrant color, pleasingly sweet aroma and a bit unusually wonderful texture when compared to the common sweet potato. This eye catching healthy little side or snack is effortless when prepared using the Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker. My middle child, who turns his nose up at the traditional yam, loves this and says it is better than a regular sweet potato. Whatever his logic may be, I am just glad I can get him to easily eat a healthy item. In fact I have to make extra now because he goes after the ones I prep cook for myself for the coming weeks snacks. I suggest finding these at the local Asian grocery store and adding this wonderful color to your table. Check out the video and instructions, give it a try and let me know if you liked it. Happy Fall Y’all!
Add some butter to the potato.
Pierce/prick the potatoes with a fork; all over.
Place the trivet and water into the pressure cooker/instant pot.
Pressure cook on high for 20 minutes and natural release for 10 minutes.
Instant Pot Ube (Purple) Yam
- Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot
- 3 ube purple yam medium size
- 2 cups water
- Pierce/prick the potatoes with a fork; all over.
- Place the trivet and water into the pressure cooker/instant pot.
- Set the ube purple yams down in the cooker.
- Pressure cook on high for 20 minutes and natural release for 10 minutes. Note: small potatoes cook for 15-20 minutes and large potatoes cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the cooker.
- Cut the potatoes in half and add 1-2 tsp butter to each potatoe (optional but recommended).