This delicious slow cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup is the perfect comfort meal your family and friends will love; especially around the fall and winter season. This easy meal is stewed all day with ground beef, bell peppers, homemade (recommended) or store brought broth, crushed tomatoes and seasonings. After the stew has been cooking all day your neighbors will be able to smell a quality meal being prepared. My family gets so excited after being enticed by the inviting aroma I do not have to ask my teenagers for help setting the table as they are standing in the kitchen like hungry predators ready to chase prey. When it’s lunch or supper time, simply serve the soup in a bowl with fresh shredded cheese, cooked rice and fresh chopped cilantro and stand back as the stew seasonal feasting begins.
Traditionally stuffed peppers are cooked with rice and cheese but this recipe calls for it just prior to serving because it gives you the desired amount of cheese and rice as a gorgeous garnish atop your bowl. Cheese and rice is a great filler for a quality soup especially when feeding folks with a voracious appetite.
If you love a traditional stuffed pepper, you are going to love this. Also, when your have left-overs, the taste only enhances as the sweet juicy bell peppers soak up the delicious broth and burst with even more succulent flavor. Heat it up in the microwave for your desire temperature and you are ready for a quality foodlicious experience. Check out the video and the instructions below prior to preparing and you will be ready to add a simple to prepare extremely tasty soup to your home cooking menu.
Warm your belly with this home cooked stuffed pepper soup.
Chopped bell peppers.
Brown the meat until no longer pink (drain/remove the grease if you prefer).
Cook onions and garlic.
Add broth, tomatoes and bell peppers.
Cook on low for 8 hours.
After slow cooked.
Delicious hot soup.
Share on social media.
Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 lb ground beef or ground chuck
- 4 cups beef broth low-sodium
- 27 oz crushed tomatoes
- 3 bell peppers red, yellow, or or green
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp thyme
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup fresh chop cilantro
Note: If your slow cooker does not have a saute button, recommend using a skillet/pan to brown meat.
- Deseed and chop bell peppers into small squares (½" by ½"); set aside.
- In a skillet/pan or pressure cooker (saute setting), brown the meat until no longer pink.
- Add chopped onions and minced garlic; saute for 1-2 mintues or until fragrant.
- Add the seasonings and mix. (If cooking with a skillet/pan, transfer the meat mixture to your slow cooker).
- Combine broth, tomatoes and bell peppers; mix.
- Cover the cooker with the lid and heat on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the lid and stir the soup.
- Transfer soup to bowl(s). Add shredded cheese and the desired amount of cooked rice (⅓-½ cup) on top of the soup for recomended presentation.