Spam Fried Rice is a quick and delicious comforting meal that is ready in less than 20 minutes. If you are a spam lover, you’ll love the this recipe. My children love anything that involves fried rice but loaded with spam is their favorite version. You can also add some vegetables to the dish if you prefer. Soft moist tender and delicious this is an affordable approach to a quick and easy meal.
Great for lunch, dinner or meal preparation. Just reheat the fried rice in the microwave to the desired temperature and enjoy this filling meal anytime of the day or week. Give this a try and let me know what those you share your table with think. Be sure to checkout the video and instructions on the way to your next foodlicious experience. Thanks for stopping by!
Cook on high.
Add spam and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the edges turn brown.
Add onion and garlic.
Add cold cooked rice.
Add cooked eggs.
Add green onions.
Hot and tasty Spam Fried Rice.
Spam Fried Rice
- Wok or skillet.
- 6 cup cold cooked rice from refrigerator
- 5 tbsp vegetable or canola oil divided
- 4 eggs
- 12 oz spam
- 4 green onion ½ cup
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp white pepper
- In a small bowl: combine all the sauce ingredients and mix; set aside.
- Chop the spam into small ⅛" by ⅛" cubes (diced size).
- In a medium size bowl: beat 4 eggs and set aside.
- Heat the skillet/wok to high and add 3 tbsp oil. Wait for 1- 2 minute for it to get hot.
- Add eggs and cook until nearly fully done. Remove the eggs and set aside.
- Add spam and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the edges turn brown. Push the spam to one side of the skillet/wok.
- Add 2 tbsp oil with garlic and onion; cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Mix with spam and push to one side of the skillet/wok.
- Add cold rice and sauce mixture. Mix until the rice is fully coated with the sauce.
- Add cooked eggs and chop them up in the skillet/wok; mix.
- Lastly add chopped green onions and mix.