Master the art of delicious Spanish Rice in less time than traditional methods. Follow this recipe and you’ll have perfect, tasty and soft Latin inspired flavored rice. Use homemade beef, chicken or vegetable broth to elevate the depth of the Spanish flavor profile. If you like rice that is fluffy tender and full of wonderful authentic tastes, this Instant Pot recipe is for you.
This recipe is for 3-4 servings. But if you have a large family like me; double the ingredients and keep cook time the same for a larger reward. Or put leftovers and meal preps in the fridge to save time for a busy week.
Serve this as a stand alone main dish or with almost any entree as the perfect side. In my house it is mandatory we have a filler item to curb the appetite of those hungry teenagers. You will enjoy feeding this to your family because it saves time and money while still receiving compliments to the chef.
Add oil and rice; stir frequently.
Saute for 5 minutes or until slightly golden.
Add onion and garlic, stir frequently.
Add chicken, beef or vegetable broth.
Pressure cook on high for 3 minutes and natural release for 10 minutes. Follow the manufacture instructions for quick release.
Fluffy, delicious and flavorful Spanish Rice.
Share on social media.
Instant Pot Spanish Rice
- Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot
- 1 cups rice Jasmine
- 1 ¼ cup low- sodium chicken broth can be substitute for beef or vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped/diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp spanish paprika
- ¼-½ tsp black pepper more or less to taste
- ½ onion chopped
- 2 garlic minced
- Press the saute button (high) on the pressure cooker.
- Add oil and rice; stir frequently. Sauté for 5 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Add onion and garlic; stir frequently. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the onions look translucent. Turn off the saute button.
- Add broth and all the seasonings (salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, oregano & chili); mix.
- Place the chopped/diced tomatoes in the center and do not STIR. Place the lid on.
- Pressure cook on high for 3 minutes and natural release for 10 minutes. Follow the manufacture instructions for quick release.
- Remove the lid. Mix the rice and tomatoes until even.
Serve as a side or main entree. Enjoy!
More Similar Instant Pot Recipes