Basil flavored Cucumber salad is perfect on a hot summers day when trying to stay light, healthy and cool. This zesty tagnerific crunchy plant based/vegan dish, when served with a chilled glass of water, will make you feel happy, refreshed and satisfied. Served with scratch-made salad dressing that will quench your hunger as well as your thirst; this dish is great as an appetizer or as a large healthy lunch serving. Check out the video to see just how easy it is to turn ingredients that are straight from the refrigerator into a tasty reward. Recipe is also provided below:
But if making a full meal for the family; feel free to add this to the menu as an appetizer to create the at home restaurant experience. Also, this diverse little dish can be enjoyed as a quick snack in-between meals if you are trying to avoid bad food choices.
I highly recommend English cucumbers instead of regular cucumbers, they have less seeds and are not as watery. You can substitute cherry tomatoes for regular tomatoes if you wish but the presentation and sweetness of the Cherry Tomatoes makes this meal Foodlicious. If looking for a tasty experience that bursts with crunchy wet satisfaction in every bite, this dish may be for you. Feel free to leave a comment to let me know what you think of this salad.
Basil Cucumber Salad
- 2 English cucumbers sliced
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 cup basil chopped/sliced
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red vinegar may substitute with white wine, apple cider vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 garlic clove minced
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together in ajar and shake. Set aside
- Place the sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, onions and basils in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables. Gently toss the vegetables and dressing together.