Fresh, hot, smooth, savory Egg Drop Soup will warm your tummy and the kitchen during these cooler days of fall. This easy to follow recipe will pull back the curtain of a Chinese restaurant staple. This meal can be made when you are in a pinch as you likely already have most of the ingredients in your kitchen. Items such as; eggs, chicken broth, salt, sesame oil and white pepper when topped with green onion combine to make a thick yet satisfying dish Watch the video to see how simple and easy this succulent soul warming soup is to make.
The kids, spouse, family and friends will approve of this soup as a light lunch or a side. If you have a large family, I recommend doubling or tripling the ingredients to keep everyone well fed.
Ingredients: chicken broth, salt, sesame oil, eggs and white pepper.
Slowly add eggs into the pot.
Gently stir the eggs.
Add fresh green onions and white pepper (optional but recommend).
Egg Drop Soup
- 4 cups chicken broth unsalted but you can use regular
- 4 eggs light beaten
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch white pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Pour the broth into a medium size pot. Cook on high heat.
- Add sesame oil, salt and pepper. Bring it to a boil.
- In a small bowl, add water and cornstarch, whisk. Slowly pour the cornstarch mix in the pot. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Slowly pour the lightly beaten eggs into the pot (they should spread out like a long string). Gently stir the soup into a circle. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Add chopped green onion and white pepper (optional).