Thai Basil Chicken Fried Rice features slightly salty tender chicken that is infused with fresh Thai Basil leaves to create a succulent dish. When you add the Thai Basil to the wok/skillet the aroma filling the air will create anticipation throughout the house. Place this fresh herbal scented entree in the middle of the table and watch the family fill their plates with a quality home cooked meal. Be sure to watch this short video to see how efficiently this meal comes together and you will be one your way to another foodlicious experience.
Sharing food and the details of each others day enhances any meal but is more pleasant when the food looks, smells and tastes great. A quick and easy meal like Thai Basil Chicken Fried Rice will help save time so you can sit down and have a quality meal experience with those close to you. Best part is you will not have to spend all day preparing and all night cleaning.
One chicken breast.
Two eggs cooked in hot oil.
Butter, minced garlic and chopped onion.
Cold cooked rice with sauce mixture.
Add cooked chicken back to the wok or skillet.
One cup of fresh Thai Basil or Holy Basil.
Add eggs back to the wok or skillet.
Serve while it’s hot.
Thai Basil Chicken Fried Rice
- 2 cups cold cooked rice a day old
- 1 cup Thai Basil leaves
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 chicken breast sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ onion chopped
- 2 eggs
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp stir fry sauce (vegan oyster sauce) or oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- In a small bowl, add all the sauce ingredients together and whisk; set aside.
- Turn the wok/skillet to high and add oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk the 2 eggs and salt. Wait for the wok to get hot before pouring the eggs in; stir and mix. Remove the eggs once they are fully cooked.
- Place the thinly sliced chicken in the wok/skillet. Cook for several minutes or until no longer pink. Remove the chicken and place them aside.
- Add butter to the wok/skillet, then add the garlic and onion. Cook for a couple of minutes or until the onions become translucent. Push them aside, add the cold rice and sauce mixture. Mix everything together until evenly coated with the sauce.
- Add the cooked chicken to the rice and mix. Place the Thai Basil leaves in the wok/skillet. Mix until the leaves are wilted.
- Lastly, add the cooked eggs; chop the eggs into little pieces. Toss everything together.