Chinese Smashed Cucumber Salad is simple, light and fun to make. Partner this juicily tender salad with a scratch made, salty, and zesty dressing for a refreshing meal. Check out the video and the simple ingredients list below and you will be on your way to making a nice side salad or healthy main dish.
Recommend eating this shortly after making because the juice form the cucumbers is best fresh.
Gently toss the sliced cucumbers with the dressing
Chinese Smashed Cucumber Salad
- 2 english cucumber or 8 mini cucumbers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sasame oil
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Using a mortar and pestle to grind the garlic.
- Add all the ingredients except for the cucumber, whisk.
- Wash the cucumber and don't peel the skin. Place one cucumber on a cutting board. Cut off both ends.
- Using both hands; hold a large knife flat on the first cucumber and smash with the other hand. Continue until the skin begins to break/crack. Slice the cucumber into ½ thick chunks. Repeat steps with second cucumber. Watch the video for reference.
- In a large bowl, place the smashed cucumbers and dressing together, gently toss.
One thought on “Smashed Cucumbers”
[…] Smashed Cucumbers […]