Short and simple today: Omelette waffles are an easy to prepare no mess option for a breakfast on the run. They have basically five main ingredients and may be prepared by most age groups of the family group. They will turn out very fluffy and are best served fresh off the griddle. Add any extra ingredients you wish but allow extra cook time as necessary. Depending on what fillings you may select, feel free to top with a variety of finishes such as syrup, ketchup or even Tabasco. These are a great option for a quick and easy weekend brunch with family or friends. Check out the video to see just how effortless these are to prepare. Feel free to let me know what you think of these griddle-cooked/egg-embedded waffle extravaganzas.
Easy on the pocket book and no mess are two major points of consideration when pressed for time as school is starting back up. These will keep in the refrigerator and that makes it even easier to get going in the morning during a time crunch for the modern family. Enjoy and have a blessed day!
- 8 eggs
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 sliced ham chopped
- 2 tbsp green onion chopped
- ¼ cup cheese
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Put the rest of the ingredients in the bowl and mix.
- Heat the waffle iron for 2-3 minutes. Spray cooking spray on the waffle maker.
- Pour a scoop of the egg mixture on to the iron and close lid.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until golden brown.