Sweet, rich and deliciously smooth homemade hot chocolate brought slowly to perfection in easy to follow recipe. What better way to welcome this Holiday season and beat the cold than a hot thick and creamy cup of steaming chocolate. Bring the kids to the table and fill the cups with this hot chocolate and watch their eyes light up with pure delight as they take the first sip. Chocolate shared as you gather in a communal drink, will warm the hearts and souls this winter season.
Watch the video, read the instructions then dump the ingredients into your slow cooker and you are good to go. Rich chocolate is comforting and will satisfy the sweet tooth. Finish a meal with this reward or serve as a standalone hot chocolate social gathering. Sit in front of a warm fireplace snuggled up with someone you love and share this delightful beverage as the season of family time comes to its peak. This foodlicious beverage is sure to be a hit and is guaranteed to become a tradition in your home as it is as simple to make as it is purely delicious.
Semi-sweet chips, sugar and cocoa powder.
Add milk, heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract.
Cook on high for 2 hours (whisk after the first hour to make sure the chocolate does not burn) or low for ~4 hours until the chocolate chips fully melt.
Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
- Slow Cooker
- 6 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate (12 oz) choose a good quality chocolate
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a 6 qt slow cooker: combine all the ingredients and mix/whisk until cocoa powder is dissolved.
- Cover with lid and cook on high for 2 hours (whisk after the first hour to make sure the chocolate does not burn) or low for ~4 hours until the chocolate chips fully melt.
- Remove the lid and whisk the hot chocolate for 2 minutes or until the top layer is fully dissolved.
Serve with marshmallows, whipped cream or your preferred topping.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator. Reheat with slow cooker (high for ~1 hour), microwave or stove.