Add an extra dimension to the experience with the ever-present Vietnamese style sweet and sour fish sauce. I like my sauce a little on the extra spicy side.
Vietnamese Dipping Sauce (Nuoc Cham)
- ¼ cup boiling water
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup fish sauce may add more if you prefer
- ¼ cup limes 2
- 1 cup coconut soda
- 1-3 cloves garlic minced
- 2-3 Thai peppers minced (optional)
- In a small bowl mix the boiling water and sugar, until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Then, add the fish sauce, coconut soda and lime. Set mixture aside until ready to use.
- Just prior to serving, add the garlic and optional hot peppers and enjoy.
Tried this recipe?Mention @eatfoodlicious or tag #eatfoodlicious!