Satisfying smooth Egg Drop Soup becomes ever convenient with the Instant Pot. The secret to fresh tasing soup that will be a hit is homemade chicken broth. Piping hot straight out of the IP; the green onions blend harmoniously with the egg filled chicken broth to create a rich and silky soup. Serve this on a cold night to hear the family gladly slurping from their spoons. The egg drop soup is simple to make and is an awesome compliment to almost any entree.
Forget the Chinese take-out and make this yourself at home. Kids, spouse, family and friends will enjoy this fresh savory soup.
One of the benefits of cooking the soup in the IP is that you can keep it warm all day long and eat it whenever you are ready.
Add green onions and a dash of white pepper.
Recommend using Homemade chicken broth but substitute with store bought broth if you prefer.
Add lightly beaten eggs.
Quick and convenient Egg Drop Soup.
Top with fresh green onion.
Instant Pot Egg Drop Soup
- Instant Pot
- 8 eggs
- 8 cups chicken broth low-sodium
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 2 tsp salt adjust to your liking
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Set saute to high and cook for 15 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth in the instant pot.
- Add salt, pepper and sesame oil; stir.
- In a small bowl: combine water and cornstarch. Mix until the cornstarch is dissolved. Then pour the mixture in the IP and stir.
- Let simmer for approximately 8-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly beat the eggs in a sepeate medium sized bowl.
- Slowly add the lightly beaten eggs as you gently stir the soup in a circle. (See video for reference)
- Press the cancel button. Then set to warm by pressing the warm button.
- Place the lid on the IP until ready to eat.