Soft moist Pumpkin Bread with subtle cinnamon and nutmeg flavor notes is so awesome fresh from the oven. Delicious and smooth this seasonal bread fills the kitchen with warm pumpkin spice perfume that promises to be sweet and rewarding. Serve with coffee or milk. This loaf never lasts long once it is cool enough to eat. Spread a cut of butter on it while warm and watch the friends and families eyes glow with anticipation.
Fall season is the perfect excuse to flex your culinary skills ahead of the holidays. A loaf of bread like this can be served at a formal gathering or just to reward yourself and immediate family.
You can double the recipe and make two loafs, freeze one and eat it later (just make sure to let if fully thawed first).
Fluffy, moist and sweet Pumpkin Bread.
Step by step
Step by step
Transfer to a loaf pan.
Bake at 350°F (176°C) for 55 minutes
Fresh Pumpkin Bread
- Loaf Pan
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C).
- In a large bowl: combine pumpkin puree, oil, sugar, vanilla extract and 1 egg; mix. Then add the other egg to the bowl and mix.
- Place a strainer over the top of the bowl (a sifter will also work as a substitute).
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon to the strainer/sifter and mix together. Then sift all dry ingredients onto the wet mixture (finer powder helps prevent lumps).
- Mix the contents of the bowl until a smooth batter is formed.
- Coat the loaf pan with a No-Stick Cooking Spray (PAM made with Flour works well).
- Pour the batter in the well coated loaf pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and rest the bread in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the loaf pan and transfer to a cake rack.