This recipe was a hit with my family. It goes great with your morning coffee or as a cheat snack anytime. When it is fresh out of the oven it makes the entire house aromatic with thoughts of delectable anticipation.
Lemon Blueberry Bread with Lemon Icing
- 9" x 5" Loaf Pan
- ½ cup oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- ½ cup milk
- 1 whole lemon plus ½ tbsp lemon juice juice & zest
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- ½ lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line 9”x 5” loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Put all the dry ingredients together in a bowl and mix. In a separate bowl put all the wet ingredients together and mix until it looks smooth. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients bowl and mix until no lumps. Gently fold in the blueberries. Put the batter into loaf pan and place some blueberries on top.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes. Let the bread cool for 10 minutes before putting the icing on top.
- Mix the ingredients together until it smooth and set aside.