This recipe was a hit with my family. It goes great with your morning coffee or as a cheat snack anytime. When it is fresh out of the oven it makes the entire house aromatic with thoughts of delectable anticipation.
Lemon Blueberry Bread with Lemon Icing
- 9" x 5" Loaf Pan
- ½ cup oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- ½ cup milk
- 1 whole lemon plus ½ tbsp lemon juice juice & zest
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- ½ lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line 9”x 5” loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Put all the dry ingredients together in a bowl and mix.
- In a separate bowl put all the wet ingredients together and mix until it looks smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients bowl and mix until no lumps.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Put the batter into loaf pan and place some blueberries on top.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes. Let the bread cool for 10 minutes before putting the icing on top.
- Mix the ingredients together until it smooth and set aside.