Homemade slow-cooker Apple Butter is a sweet seasonal tradition. Made from fresh apples that are slow cooked to perfection; this cinnamon sweet smelling spread on a warm English muffin is the best way to start your day. My kids love putting a spoonful in their hot oatmeal and enjoying it with a cold glass of milk.
Check out the video to see how simple this soft, smooth buttery spread is to create.
Serve on bread/toast, muffins, pancakes or biscuits .
You can pick any types of apples of your choice (Gala, Fuji, Jonagold, Honeycrisp, Red Delicious or Golden Delicious).
Peel, slice and discard core. Place all the ingredients inside the slow cooker and mix.
Cover and slow cook for 10 hours.
Use a hand blender and puree until smooth.
Transfer the apple butter to an airtight container.
Slow Cooker Apple Butter
- Slow Cooker
- 4-5 lb apples Gala, Fuji, Jonagold, Honeycrisp, Red Delicious or Golden Delicious peeled, remove core and sliced
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- Place all the ingredients inside the slow cooker and mix.
- Cover and slow cook for 10 hours.
- Remove lid. Use a hand blender and puree until smooth. Another method is place the cooked apples into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Uncover and cook on high for 1 hour or until desired consistency (this step is to remove excess liquid).
- Transfer the apple butter to an airtight container.