Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce is good anytime of the year but is extremely nice during the holidays season. The smell of fresh stewing cranberries creates a sweet aroma that will add to the holiday perfume your kitchen creates as you work to have all dishes table ready at the same time. This recipe and method of preparation allows you the flexibility to prepare other items in parallel as it is a steady and predictable quality approach to a holiday classic.
This quick and convenient recipe calls for only 3 ingredients and is dump and go friendly. You’ll never want to buy caned cranberry sauce ever again because home cooked is so delicious, fresh tasting and easy to make. Watch the video and check out the instructions below to be well on you way to slapping the next person that tries to pour that caned jello looking stuff on your plate. Seriously though, I ate from the can for years and never liked it that much. Once I had fresh made; I enjoyed it and now I make it every year because my entire family loves it. It is so simple to make and adds authenticity to the presentation of your holiday table. Best part is that if you feed this to your kids, when they grow up; if someone drops that preformed canned stuff on their plate they will be missing mama right then and there. 🙂
Serve with turkey, chicken or any protein.
Cranberries and sugar.
Add fresh orange juice.
Mix well. Cover and slow cook on high for 2 hours.
Cook (uncover) for 1 more hour or until desire consistency.
Delicious cranberry sauce.
Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce
- Slow Cooker
- 12 oz fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 fresh orange (juice) ½ cup
- In a 2 qt. slow cooker: place cranberries, sugar and orange juice; mix/stir.
- Cover and slow cook on high for 2 hours.
- Remove lid and stir.
- Leave lid off and cook uncovered for ~1 more hour or until desire consistency (don't worry if it looks watery, it's going to thicken up as it cools . For a quick tip: put the sauce in the refrigerator and it will thicken faster). Best served cool.
- Transfer to a serving bowl or airtight container.