Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes is a dump and go side dish. Follow this recipe for smooth buttery potatoes with light garlic notes that add a nice tasting filler to any main course. It’s very easy and you don’t have to tend or watch the potatoes while you do other things. I love to serve this with gravy and rolls to enhance the comfort of our family dinner. My kids always go back for seconds and never complain about being hungry when they fill their tummies with this delicious side treat.
Watch the video, check out the instructions below and you will be able to prepare your very own comforting buttery side that will be a hit during your next family gathering. If you love good, hot fresh tasting mashed potatoes; I highly recommend giving this convenient method of preparation a try this busy cooking season. Feel free to browse my menu for complimentary items to serve along side this foodlicious dish.
Moist mashed potatoes.
Peeled and chopped potatoes.
Potatoes and milk.
Add minced garlic.
Slow cook on high for 4 hours. Add butter and mash.
Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
Easy and convenient mashed potatoes.
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker
- 3 lbs potatoes gold or red
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Clean, peel and cut the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes into the slow cooker.
- Add milk and minced garlic; mix.
- Cover and slow cook on high for 3-4 hours or until tender.
- Remove the lid and add butter.
- Use a potato masher or forks to smash the potatoes until almost smooth (I recommend not using a mixer because it will turn out looking like paste).
- Season with salt and pepper to your liking; fold and mix. If your not ready to eat them right away, turn the slow cooker to warm until ready to serve.