Chili Mac and Cheese is where two favorites come together to create a voluptuous pot of hot delicious comfort. Fresh from the instant pot, the chucks of meat, beans, tomatoes and elbow noodles are very tender as they burst with flavor. The bell peppers and onions will still have a slight crunch; while the stew comes out full of rich beef broth flavor notes. The addition of cheese rounds out this sensuous dish to achieve buttery satisfaction.
This is the kind of meal the entire family will enjoy. The convenance of using an instant pot makes cooking and reheating a simple task. Follow the instructions to recreate this hot bowl of stew and warm your families tummies. Check out the video and may your next food adventure be ever increasingly foodlicious;)
Delicious comfort food.
Garlic, onions and bell peppers.
Uncooked Elbow noodles.
Beans, tomatoes and cream cheese.
Pressure cook on high for 4 minutes and do a quick release.
Gently stir and add shredded cheese (in 3 increments).
Homemade Chili Mac & Cheese.
Garnish with shredded cheese, sour cream and fresh chopped green onions.
Instant Pot Chili Mac & Cheese
- Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot
- 1 lb ground beef or chuck
- 2 cups elbow noodles
- 3 cups low-sodium beef broth Preferably homemade or carton
- 2 cups cooked kidney or red beans or (1) 16 oz can
- 2 cups fresh sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 27 oz chopped/diced tomatoes
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1-2 tbsp chili powder (I used 2 tbsp) +/- adjust to your liking
- 2 tsp salt +/- adjust to your liking
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- Set cooker to saute-high.
- Add beef and cook for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add garlic, bell peppers, onions, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, paprika and chili (you can cut back on the chili powder if you think it's to spicy); mix and stir.
- Pour in beef broth and stir (use wooden spoon to lightly scrap along the bottom of the cooker as you stir, this will prevent a burn notice).
- Add uncooked elbow noodles and stir.
- Place the beans, tomatoes and cream cheese in the cooker. DO NOT STIR.
- Place the lid on. Pressure cook on high for 4 minutes and do a quick release. Exercise caution – always read and follow the manufacture instructions for a quick release. Remove the lid.
- Gently stir as you add the shredded cheese in 3 seperate increments. This will prevent the cheese from forming clumps.
- Mix well until all of the cheese fully melts.