Instant Pot Vegetable Penne is filled with fresh garden vegetables that are sweet and saucy. In this quick pressure cooker, the vegetables will turn out tender and not soggy. You can use pretty much any vegetables you prefer but I recommend not to skimp out on the cherry tomatoes because they are the staple of this IP pasta meal.
This dish is a vegan and plant-based pasta, it’s so good that even a picky carnivore will find themselves finishing their plate.
When you are running out of time and want something healthy, this is the dish for you; all can be done under 20 minutes. Besure to checkout the video to see how user-friendly this IP meal really is.
You can use any pasta or marinara sauce brand you prefer.
All done in less than 20 minutes.
Pressure cook on high for 3 minutes and natural release for 5 minutes.
A delicious and light meal for anytime of the week.
Instant Pot Vegetable Penne
- Instant Pot (IP)
- 1 box penne 16 oz
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp oregano
- dash salt & pepper adjust to your liking
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes or roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ½ onion chopped
- Press the saute button.
- Put olive oil in the IP, wait for 30 seconds. Add garlic and onion, cook for a minute.
- Place the tomatoes in the IP and cook for several mintues or until soft.
- Add the penne, water, marinara sauce, vegetables and oregano; stir till well mixed.
- Press cancel to stop the saute and place lid on IP.
- Pressure cook on high for 3 minutes and natural release for 5 mintues. Follow the manufacture instructions for a quick release button.
- Stir the vegetables and penne prior to serving.