Sweet and mild pumpkin flavors marry extremely well with smooth fresh melted chocolate embedded in moist bread that breaths with haunting notes of nutmeg. The seasonal flavors and aromas will let your family know that fall has arrived. What better way to warm the heart and soul this this time of the year than breaking delicious pumpkin bread with those you love. Add a cup of your favorite warm beverage (for me it’s coffee) and you are good to go.
Kickoff the baking season is best done in the company of the little ones that get extremely excited about the sweet reward. This recipe is simple and kid friendly. Check out the video before baking to see just how easy this delight is to make.
I prefer homemade pumpkin puree over store bought. It’s so easy to make and tastes oh so much better than the kind out of a can.
Dry and wet ingredients
Batter with Chocolate Chip
Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- 1 Loaf Pan
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice seasoning
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree homemade or canned
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup oil canola or vegetable
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Chocolate chips semi-sweet
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 176°C.
- Spray the cooking flour spray to the loaf pan.
- In a large bowl; combine all the sugar, pumpkin puree and oil, mix. Then add one egg at a time and mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients together and whisk.
- In a small bowl, mix chocolate chips and 1 tbsp flour (this will prevent the chips sinking to the bottom of the pan).
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix.
- Gently fold the coated chocolate chips to the batter.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and rest the bread in the pan for 10-15 minutes before transferring it to a cake rack.