This Instant Pot Homemade Hamburger Helper is creamy, cheesy and tasty when compared to the store bought that comes in a box. It’s a very quick and convenient meal that can be served anytime. What’s so great about this dish is that we don’t need to go buy speciality ingredients for this, the majority of them you may already have at home.
Easy for beginners; scratch made Hamburger Helper is a great way to teach kids how to cook a filling and satisfying meal. Be sure to watch the video for hassle free preparation techniques and a hearty meal.
Pressure cook on high for 3 minutes. Natural release for 5 minutes.
Fresh grated sharp cheddar cheese
Creamy and cheesy Hamburger Helper
Instant Pot Homemade Hamburger Helper
- Instant Pot (IP)
- 16 oz large macaroni
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 cups beef broth low- sodium or unsalted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups cheese
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp worcestershire
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Press the saute button on the Instant Pot. Place the ground beef in the IP and cook until brown. Drain all the gease out of the IP.
- Add the seasonings, tomato paste and worcestershire to the IP; mix. Then cancel the saute.
- Pour beef broth, cream and macaroni in and stir.
- Pressure cook on high for 3 minutes. Natural release for 5 minutes. Follow the manufactures instructions for quick release.
- Stir the macaroni and beef. Add ½ cup of the cheese at a time and mix.