Warm soft flakey buttery Croissant with layers of Pizza inspired fillings make for a quick and easy meal. This recipe is kid friendly and is perfect for helping them learn to be a bit more independent. Made form simple ingredients that store for long periods of time, this little sandwich is perfect to have on hand for those times when planning and preparation are not a viable option. You can use multiple types of bread and fill with your favorite pizza ingredients, but this Croissant Pepperoni and double layers of mozzarella are my family’s favorite. Make these in advance, wrap them in aluminum foil and refrigerate for later. Simple warm the oven and place the wrapped sandwiches inside for a few minutes, they will be ready about the time you can smell the pizza aroma coming from the oven. My teenagers use the toaster oven, set it on toast and can feed both themselves and their baby sister.
If you are looking for a sinfully delicious sandwich that is great fresh from the oven or for a food prep item, this recipe is for you. Watch the video and follow the simple instructions below for a quick and easy meal that is good any time. Share this recipe with your growing teenagers and send the list of ingredients to your spouse and let them coordinate their next foodlicious experience as you simply take a well deserved break.
Spread pizza sauce on the bottom half of the croissant. Top with cheese.
Place the sliced pepperonis on top of the cheese. Add a final layer of cheese and place the other half of the croissant on top.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Please share on social media.
Croissant Pizza Sandwich
- 4 croissant cut in half vertically
- ½ lb sandwich pepperoni
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- ½ lb mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (148°C).
- Cut the croissant in half vertically.
- Spread pizza sauce on the bottom half of the croissant.
- Top with cheese.
- Place the sliced pepperonis on top of the cheese.
- Add a final layer of cheese and place the other half of the croissant on top.
- Transfer the croissants to a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl: combine the melted butter and grated garlic. Brush the garlic butter on top of the croissant.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
More Snack Recipes