Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice, a simple and practical meal. The pineapple brings a welcome sweet and tangy flavor to the fried rice. The presentation of this meal is unique and the pineapple makes for a conversation piece as well as an eye-catching bowl. I recommend not skimping out on the shrimp when feeding your family as no one wants to walk away from the dinner table still hungry.
Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice
- 3 cups cooked rice cold
- 1 lb extra-large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh pineapple cut into small squares
- ½ cup frozen vegetables
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- In a small bowl, put the last 5 ingredients together and mix. Set aside until ready for use.
- Add oil to the wok or pan and cook the shrimp, until slightly pink. Put frozen vegetables and pineapple in the pan; toss them around for 15 seconds. Set aside on a plate until ready for use.
- Put the cold rice in the wok and warm it up. Pour the wet mixture over the rice and stir until even. Once all the rice is evenly mixed, push them to one side of the wok and cook the eggs on the other side of the wok or pan.
- Add shrimp, vegetables and pineapple to the wok and stir.
Tried this recipe?Mention @eatfoodlicious or tag #eatfoodlicious!