For this weekend, I created from scratch these vanilla cupcakes with buttercream icing. You will enjoy the fluffy, moist and gently sweet cake as the sinfully delicious buttercream topping melts smoothly in your mouth.
1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 ¼ tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup unsalted butter (melted)
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
3 egg whites (room temperature)
½ cup sour cream (room temperature)
½ cup milk (room temperature)
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
2 sticks unsalted butter (room temperature)
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ Tbsp heavy cream
½ Tbsp milk
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven at 350° degrees.
2. Combine all dry ingredients together and sift. Set aside.
3. Combine all wet ingredients together in a mixer and mix.
4. Combine the dry and wet ingredients in the mixer. Mix until relatively smooth, a few small lumps are acceptable,
5. Pour the batter into the cupcake papers, fill them up to 2/3 of the way.
6. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven before the tops of the cupcakes start to get brown.
Mix all the ingredients together and whip in the mixer until it looks fluffy and smooth.
Tip: follow directions and enjoy