Deliciously saucy tender juicy Chicken and Broccoli brought together in an effortless stir-fry. The authentic savory flavor of this meal will bring quality to your table. You will not have a difficult time getting the children to eat their broccoli after they take the first bite. I honestly have an extremely picky kid that turns his nose up at most vegetables, yet he cleans his plate every time I serve this dish.
Serve with your favorite rice and you will have yourself a comforting well balanced dining experience. No preservative makes this a healthier choice than eating out.
Click on the video to see just how simple this is to prepare. As always, feel free to leave a comment as I love to talk about food almost as much as I love eating it. All food experiences should be foodlicious ☺️
Chicken and Broccoli Stir-fry
- 2 chicken breasts thinly sliced
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- ½ onion sliced
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp stir-fry sauce (vegan oysters sauce) substitute oyster sauce as a replacement
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp chinese cooking wine or mirin
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
Tenderize the meat
- Slice the chicken breasts thinly and place them in a bowl.
- Add baking soda and 1 tbsp of soy sauce, mix. Cover and let them marinate for 15 mintues.
- In a small bowl, place all the sauce ingredients together and mix. Set aside.
- Place the broccoli in a glass/container and add 4 tbsp of water; cover. Cook them in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with water. Set aside.
- Heat up the wok/pan to medium-high; add oil. Allow oil to heat for 30 seconds, then add the chicken and cook for a couple minutes.
- Add garlic and onion; cook for a minute.
- Add the sauce mix, cornstarch mix and broccoli to the wok/pan. Stir and toss until evenly coated. Cook for couple addtional mintues or until the sauce thickens.