Chinese restaurant-style Stir-fry Beef & Bell Peppers that can be enjoyed in the comfort of your own home. This meal starts with simple ingredients that are easy to find and are very affordable. You will be able to feed your entire family for what it would cost to feed yourself at the restaurant without sacrificing quality or taste. Easy to slice garden fresh bell peppers and onions will bring stylistic color to the flavorful thinly cut steak. I recommend using sesame seeds as a topper to enhance the presentation of the meal and serving on a bed of your favorite rice.
Once cooked, you can store this in the refrigerator and enjoy it at your convenience. This is perfect for the times you are too busy for a lot of prep work and still crave good home cooked food. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think of this foodlicious dish.
Beef with Bell Peppers Stir-fry
- Skillet or wok
- 1 ½ lb top round or flank steak sliced against the grain
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 2-3 tbsp oil separated
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin substitute dry sherry, sweet marsala wine or dry white wine
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ cup water
- In a small bowl, whisk all the sauce ingredients together. Set aside until ready for use.
- Place the sliced beef and cornstarch in a medium sized bowl. Mix and set aside until ready to use.
- Preheat a wok (or large skillet) to high and then add 2 tbsp of oil. Place the onions, red and yellow bell peppers in the wok and cook for 1-2 minutes. Once slightly translucent; Remove them from the wok and set aside.
- Place the beef in the wok. Stir-fry for 3-5 minutes until almost fully cooked.
- Turn the heat down to medium. Add the sauce to the meat and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Finally, add the bell peppers and onions and stir-fry in the wok for an additional 30 seconds.