Share on social media
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar
- 9" x 13" baking pan
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 2 cups (divided) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the 9"x 13" pan with butter or baking cooking spray. Optional: place parchment paper on the bottom of the pan (this will help to remove the cookie).
- Beat eggs in a large bowl using a mixer. Then, add butter, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla extract and beat until smooth. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and mix. Do not over mix the batter. Highly recommend that you sift the dry ingredients before mixing them into the wet ingredients. Add 1 cup chocolate chips and mix.
- Transfer the batter to the pan. Use your fingers to spread the batter. Sprinkle 1 cup of chocolate chips on top of the batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Careful not to overcook the cookie. Keep an eye on the edges for best soft & gooey results. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for ~45-60 minutes. Once cool to the touch remove and cut into bars.