Wings are best when so tender they fall off the bone and are still so juicy it makes your mouth water in anticipation of the next bite. These classic Honey-Soy Chicken Wings are literally finger licking good (just make sure you wash your hands first :). They are also much healthier than deep fried wings so you won’t have to feel soo guilty while enjoying them. I personally like them best served wet and well coated in the sweet sticky sauce. When served wet be sure to have some white or brown rice handy to balance out the over indulgence of the sweet soy honey nectar. My husband would argue you could forego the rice and just was them down with your favorite cold beer but I will leave that up to you. When I make these wings for my family, they get so excited because the smell of chicken and the sweet sauce will draw them in from all over the house. Be careful not to grab them when too hot but it is rewarding to watch the eagerness for your creation out weigh the hazards of a burned lip from the temperature when served hot and fresh out of the oven. These will keep when refrigerated but we generally do not have any leftovers when feeding my family.
Also enjoy these when tailgating as an appetizer or for that fun get together/party. Everyone loves wings and you will not disappoint your family and friends with this easy to make crispy succulent wining recipe.
Baked Honey-Soy Wings
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or coconut flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup low-sodium or regular soy sauce
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic clove minced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F / 205°C.
- Pat wings dry with a paper towel. Place the wings in a large owl. Put all the seasoning ingredients (not the sauce) into the bowl and mix/coat them well.
- Transfer the wings to a baking rack or cookie sheet.
- Cook for 30 minutes then flip/turn the wings finish cooking for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a wok or large pan, put all the sauce ingredients together and cook on medium-high for 2-5 minutes.
- Place the baked wings in the wok roll them around until they are completely covered with sauce.
5 thoughts on “Baked Honey-Soy Wings”
My favorite great recipe!
Thanks for the comment! Yes we absolutely love it.
Love it! Now, I am craving it 🙂
I just eat them on their own too. Just put a couple of tea towels over yourself. They should make adult bibs !
Lol. Thanks for the comment!