This Ceviche recipe calls for fresh raw shrimp, red onion, English cucumber, tomatoes, jalapeno and cilantro. An authentic approach for eating this dish is to let the shrimp chemically cure/cook in lime Juice and salt as a marinade. Simply place the marinating shrimp in the refrigerator for the required amount of time to enjoy just how tender, tangy and juicy they turn out. I love this as an appetizer.
It’s a very healthy, simple, quick meal to prepare and is very low in carbohydrates. This is a good choice for those times you want to cut back on red meat.
This can be eaten as appetizer, a light meal or snack. Just follow the simple recipe and check out the short video above and you will be on your way to enjoying this appetite quenching meal.
We enjoy ours served with tostadas but you can change that up and have yours with chips, crackers or salad.
Traditional recipes usually pair with tostadas:
Also, can be eaten as a snack with chips:
I hope you decide to give this a try and feel free to leave a comment to let me know what your thoughts are on fresh made Shrimp Ceviche.
Written instructions are provided below for your convenience:
- 1 lb raw shrimp chopped in chunks
- 3 limes juice
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 English cucumber chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup cilantro (half bunch) chopped
- 1 avocado chopped
- ½ red onion chopped
- 2 small jalapenos or 1 large minced
- 1 tbsp tabasco adjust to taste
- Pinch of salt and pepper adjust to taste
- In a medium size bowl, mix raw chunks of shrimp, lime juice and a pinch of salt. Cover and marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- In a separate large bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients. Add the raw shrimp and lime juice to the large mixing bowl. Continue to fold until well mixed.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!