Baked tacos are a quick and easy way to get a family favorite meal to the table. If you are a fan of nachos, cheese and southwestern food and simple recipes you should enjoy this recipe. A plate full of tacos lined up like soldiers filled with cheese and dripping with flavor will enhance any dinning experience. The juice will be dripping as you dine so be sure to have plenty of napkins on hand.
Read through the instructions and watch the video to see how easy this meal is to prepare. Notice how crunchy and delicious these delicious crowd pleasers are and get these to the table for your next foodlicious experience. Beside to like and share if this is your kind of meal and let me know what else you would like to see added to the menu. Appreciate you taking the time to visit and look forward to a long lasting connections as we move through our food adventures together.
Best served warm.
Add ground beef/chuck and cook for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink.
Add chopped onions and cook for 2-3 minutes or until onions become translucent. Optional: transfer the meat to a stranier and drain the grease.
Add all the seasoning ingredients.
Tomato sauce, and water.
Add cooked meat inside the taco shells.
Add shredded cheese on top of the meat.
Add more cheese (optional), lettuce, tomatoes, taco sauce or salsa on top of melted cheese.
Share on social media
- 1 ½ lbs ground beef/chuck
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 12-15 hard taco shells
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2-3 cups shredded cheese mozzarella or cheddar
- chopped tomatoes
- taco sauce
- chopped lettuce
- Using a skillet/pan: turn the heat to medium.
- Add ground beef/chuck and cook for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add chopped onions and cook for 2-3 minutes or until onions become translucent. Optional: transfer the meat to a strainer and drain the grease.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add all the seasoning ingredients, tomato sauce, and water then mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Place the hard tacos shells (facing up) on a baking sheet.
- Add cooked meat inside the taco shells.
- Add shredded cheese on top of the meat.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the shells are crispy. Remove from the oven.
- Add more cheese (optional), lettuce, tomatoes, taco sauce or salsa on top of melted cheese.