Buttermilk Fried Chicken Tenders are perfect when craving for some down home scratch-made comfort food. Almost everything is good fried but this recipe will have you making crunchy, juicy, authentic flavored chicken and you will get more bang for your buck when cooking at home. If you make extra and have left-overs, you can change up how you serve them. These are versatile and may be consumed multiple ways like in wraps, on a salad, in a sandwiched, as a finger food, or with sides to make an entree. Check out the video and recipe below to see just how easy it can be to make every kids favorite chicken tenders.
Quick Tip: Soaking them in buttermilk for a couple hours is the secret to capturing a sweet luscious juiciness that will have your mouth watering from this southern style flavor with every bit.
Before and after chicken breasts.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Breading ingredients: eggs, flour and seasonings.
Share on social media.
Buttermilk Fried Chicken Tenders
- 3 chicken breasts sliced
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 5-6 cups canola, vegetable or peanut oil
- Place the sliced chicken breast in zip-lock bag or container.
- Pour buttermlik in the container and cover. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a large shallow bowl; place flour and all the seasoning together then whisk.
- Place the flour mix, lightly beaten eggs and marinated chicken in close proximety to each other.
- Get one tender out of the container (at a time) and coat it with the flour mix. Dip the tender in the lightly beaten eggs and then return to the flour mix for second coating. Set the tender aside. (Repeat steps until all tenders are well battered)
- Pour the oil in a deep fryer pan and preheat the oil to 375°F / 190°C. Heat the oil at this temperature for at least 5 minutes before frying the chicken.
- Fry the tenders in separate batches, making sure to not overcrowd (no stacking or touching) cook for 6-8 mintues or until deep golden brown.
- Remove the tenders and place on a rack or paper towel(s) to drain excess oil.
Serve with you favorite sauce! Enjoy!
More Chicken Recipes