This Instant Pot Chicken and rice is buttery rich with flavor as provides a satisfyingly delicious filling meal experience. Moist and tender chunks of chicken and their dance partner, jasmine rice, move effortlessly across the plate to the pointes of your fork while your taste receptors bask in the front row pleasure of eatfoodlicious sensations. This is the type of meal that you can eat until you are hungry no more. If you are like me and have a small army of hungry people to feed you will love how simple this is and how little clean up you will have.
Watch the video and follow the instructions below and add a quality meal to the home selections. This is a simple meal that doesn’t require any special ingredients and you likely already have most of them in your home. This is an affordable meal to feed your family and is also great for meal preparation to start a busy week. Share this or any of my recipes you enjoy and return next time you are looking for meal inspiration that meets our criteria for what food is supposed to be.
Add chicken, salt, pepper, oregano and cook for 3-5 minutes.
No longer pink.
Add shredded carrots and cook for 1 minute.
Add chopped onions, minced garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
Place rice on top of the chicken.
Pour water into the cooker. Then add bay leaves & butter.
Pressure cook on high for 8 minutes with a 10 minute natural release. Follow the manufacture instructions for releasing the pressure. Remove and discard bay leaves.
Mix the chicken and rice together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Share on social media
Instant Pot Chicken & Rice
- Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot
- 1 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 cups filtered water
- 2 cups white jasmine rice
- 1 cup shredded carrots about 2 medium size
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 5 garlic minced
- 3 bay leaves
- Wash/clean and rinse the rice at least twice until the water runs clear.
- Clean and trim the fat off the chicken thighs.
- Set to sauté high. Add oil and wait for 10-15 seconds.
- Add chicken, salt, pepper, oregano and cook for 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add shredded carrots and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chopped onions, minced garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Place rice on top of the chicken.
- Pour water into the cooker. Gently submerge the rice in the water and do not stir.
- Then add bay leaves & butter. Do not stir.
- Place the lid on. Pressure cook on high for 8 minutes with a 10 minute natural release. Follow the manufacture instructions for releasing the pressure. Remove lid.
- Remove and discard bay leaves.
- Mix the chicken and rice together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Optional: Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Serve & Enjoy!
More Instant Pot Recipes