Miniature Shrimp Patties can be eaten as a sandwich or with rice dipped in sweet and sour sauce. When on fresh baked buns, the tartar sauce adds a dill tang. This is a quick and easy meal to prepare and because the main ingredient is shrimp; it cooks fast. I enjoy eating a bit lighter after a couple of rounds of heavy comfort and meal like this does not sacrifice taste.
- Food Processor or Blender, Non-stick Pan
- 1 ½ lbs shrimp deveined and peeled
- ½ cup green onion chopped
- ½ cup breadcrumbs panko
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- In a food processor or blender, add shrimp, green onions and garlic. Blend until the shrimp begins to look like paste.
- In a bowl, put the shrimp mixture, bread crumbs, pepper and salt, mix well.
- With wet hands, shape the mixture into miniature patties. Should make 12 patties.
- Using a nonstick pan, add 2 Tbsp of oil. Pan fry the patties and cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.