Have you ever tried home-made zesty Caesar salad dressing? Once you have, you’ll never want to go back to the plain tasting bottle from your local store again. The secret is using the right balance of fresh ingredients that will have you cleaning your plate with your favorite fresh bread. This is a very easy recipe and it does not take long to prepare. Add your favorite protein to the salad and you are good to go. I used shrimp, home-made croutons and fresh Parmesan cheese for my version.
Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing
- Mortar and Pestle
- 6 anchovies’ fillets (from the can)
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- 1 small shallot finely minced
- 1 lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan finely grated
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Cut the anchovies into pieces and place them in a mortar bowl. Transfer the paste to a medium sized bowl. Then add the rest of the ingredients. Whisk all in medium bowl until the dressing is smooth and thick. Season with salt and pepper (to taste).