This Meaty Lasagna Soup is a hearty delicious meal that is guaranteed to satisfy your hunger. With the help of the Instant Pot, this comforting soup will be ready in 30 minutes. Compare that to the 2-3 hours of stewing in a pot on the stove and the choice is obvious. Capture the flavor of the ingredients in the Instant Pot and have a hot bowl ready soup to the table that will warm those tummies on a cold winters night.
This recipe captures the essence of your favorite Lasagna flavors and puts them in a warm bowl of soup. Toast some french bread and have it ready to dip in this savory satisfying bowl of stewed perfection. I hope you watch the video and follow the instructions so you can bring this foodlicious soup to a table near you the next time you break bread with those you love to feed.
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel for recent videos.
Delicious comfort soup.
Place the ground beef and Italian sausage in the cooker. Mix and crumble the meat; cook for 4 minutes or until no longer pink. Optional: transfer the meat to a strainer and drain the grease.
Add onion, garlic and cook for 1 minutes or until the onion becomes translucent.
Add salt, pepper, sugar, red flakes, Italian seasoning and tomato paste; mix.
Pour the beef broth, chopped/diced tomatoes and stir.
Add broken lasagna noodles (about 2″). Make sure to submerge the noodles under the broth. Press cancel button. Pressure cook on high for 4 minutes, then natural release for 5 minutes.
Ricotta Mixture ingredients
In a bowl: combine all the ingredients together.
Add half of the ricotta mixture to cooker.
Top with fresh chopped parsley, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese & ricotta mixture.
Share on social media.
Instant Pot Meaty Lasagna Soup
- Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot (8 QT)
- 16 oz lasagna noodles broken in 2" (4 pieces per noodle)
- 27 oz chopped or diced tomatoes
- 2 lbs ground beef or chuck
- 1 lbs ground Italian sausage hot or mild
- 7-8 cups no-salt beef broth
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 3 tsp salt +/- adjust to your liking
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Set cooker (8 qt) to saute-high. Note: If you have a 6 qt IP, cut the recipe in half.
- Place the ground beef and Italian sausage in the cooker. Mix and crumble the meat; cook for 4 minutes or until no longer pink. Optional: transfer the meat to a strainer and drain the grease.
- Add onion, garlic and cook for 1 minutes or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add salt, pepper, sugar, red flakes, Italian seasoning and tomato paste; mix.
- Pour in the beef broth, add chopped/diced tomatoes and stir.
- Add broken lasagna noodles (about 2"). Make sure to submerge the noodles under the broth. Press cancel button.
- Pressure cook on high for 4 minutes, then natural release for 5 minutes (it will take about 15-18 minutes to come to atmosheric pressure). Follow the manufacture instructions when preparing to removing the lid (as you release the pressure using the vent).
- Add half (or all if you prefer) the ricotta mixture to cooker and mix well. Cover with the lid for 5-6 minutes before serving (this will thicken the soup).
- In a bowl: combine all the ingredients together and mix evenly. Set aside until ready for use.
- Add half or all of the ricotta mixture to the cooker. If you add all the mixture to the soup, just be sure to make extra ricotta mixture for the topping.
Toppings: Fresh Chopped Parsley, Mozzarella Cheese, Parmesan Cheese & Ricotta Mixture
Serve and Enjoy!
More Instant Pot Recipes