California Roll Bowl is a sushi inspired meal that is quick and easy while being simply delicious. Fresh sushi ingredients layered atop a warm bed of authentic tart rice is very enjoyable to eat. This is perfect as a light lunch or dinner and is gorgeous to serve. We enjoy Sushi and love to take that experience home with this easy to follow recipe. We enjoyed this recipe and recommend you try it at least once to see for yourself how delicious it really is.
Watch the video and follow the instructions below to have a California roll Bowl ready to go anytime. Like and share this or any of my recipes you find interesting from my growing catalogue of menu selections. Don’t forget to hit the subscribe button to stay up to date on all the latest eatfoodlicious publications. Use fresh ingredients for best results. Thanks for visiting and see you again soon.
Please follow Facebook, Instagram, Twitter , Pinterest, or subscribe to my YouTube channel.
Clean and rinse the rice 2-3 times until the water runs clear. Follow the sushi manufacture water ratio (it’s usually on the bag).
Cook the rice in a rice cooker. Add sushi vinegar to the cooked rice and mix.
Rice on the bottom of the bowl.
Add imitation crab
Mini seaweed sheets, drizzle the sauce on top.
Furikake (Japanese rice seasoning) and drizzle the sauce on top.
Be sure to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube or subscribe to the blog for emails and receive free EatFoodlicious recipes daily.
Share on social media
California Roll Bowl
- 2 cups sushi rice
- 3 tbsp sushi vinegar
- 2 avocados
- 1 cucumber
- 8 oz imitation crab
- seaweed sheets cut into 2" x 2"
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Sriracha or any chili oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Clean and rinse the rice 2-3 times until the water runs clear. Follow the sushi manufacture water ratio (it's usually on the bag). Cook the rice in a rice cooker.
- Add sushi vinegar to the cooked rice and mix.
- In a small bowl: add mayo, sriracha, soy sauce and mix well. Season with extra sriracha if needed.
- Slice cucumber, avocados and imitation crabs.
- Assemble: rice on the bottom of the bowl. Add cucumbers, avocado, imitation crab, furikake (Japanese rice seasoning), mini seaweed sheets, drizzle the sauce on top.
Serve and enjoy!