Juicy and succulent Dutch Oven Corned Beef served with carrots and cabbage make a plate full of old world style rustic satisfaction. A comforting belly full of this dutch oven stewed tender meet that every one will absolutely devour. Put this gorgeous piece of meat on a serving tray with tender leaves of cabbage, sweet soft carrots and perfectly cooked potatoes for your next family & friends welcome to the table feast. This corned beef is so tender you will be able to cut it with a plastic fork. The savory meat captures the essence of its packaged marinade and blends it perfectly in a stew of good old fashioned comfort food. Have this meal with a cold beer and experience the traces of a growing tradition for those of us that love to cross into other cultures food experiences. Place some of the horseradish inspired cream on the side as a dip to give a tangy rich finish to a quality meal.
This affordable and easy to make selection is perfect on any occasion that a good Irish Stout may also be found near the table. Full of flavor, textures and at a budget price, this is perfect hearty meal planning. My family loves this recipe and we recommend you try it at least once to see for yourself how delicious it really is.
Watch the video and follow the instructions below to have this Dutch Oven Corned Beef ready to go today. Like and share this or any of my recipes you find interesting from my growing catalogue of menu selections. Don’t forget to hit the subscribe button to stay up to date on all the latest eatfoodlicious publications. Old fashioned Corned Beef made from scratch in this easy to follow simple to create recipe. Thanks for visiting and see you again soon.
Clean, rinse and pat the corned beef dry with paper towel. Place beef in the dutch oven. Add onions, garlic, corned beef spice, and water. Place the dutch oven on a stove top set to high heat. Bring to a simmer (about 5-8 minutes), then cover with a lid. Place pot in oven and cook for 3 hours.
Cover with the lid. Return the ‘dutch oven’ to the oven and cook for another 40 minutes.
Remove beef from the pot and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
Slice and serve. Enjoy!
Share on social media
Dutch Oven Corned Beef
- Dutch Oven
- 3 lbs corned beef
- 8 cups water
- 12 oz carrots chop into 2"
- 2 tbsp corned beef spice
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cabbage cut into quarters
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Clean, rinse and pat the corned beef dry with paper towel. Place beef in the dutch oven. Add onions, garlic, corned beef spice, and water.
- Place the dutch oven on a stove top set to high heat. Bring to a simmer (about 5-8 minutes), then cover with a lid. Place pot in oven and cook for 3 hours.
- Remove 'dutch oven' from the oven. Carefully remove the HOT lid. Add chopped carrots and cabbage. Cover with the lid. Return the 'dutch oven' to the oven and cook for another 40 minutes.
- Remove beef from the pot and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Sauce: combine all the ingredients together and mix until well combined.
Slice and serve. Enjoy!
One Pot Recipes