Slow Cooker Buffalo wings are so succulent and tender that you can practically suck the marrow and meat right off the bone. Best when crisped a bit using the oven technique. Deliciously zesty you and your family will absolutely love this effortless recipe. These wings are a slow cooker spin on preparation, yet they are so good you will be glad, you decided to try this wonderfully simple recipe. Perfect for those that live in dorms or may not have access to alternate cooking methods, yet they still love a good succulent buffalo wing. I tried this recipe on my family and it was a hit the first attempt. Be sure to have plenty of napkins or bread close at hand as this is finger food is as much fun to wear as it is to eat.
If you find you self multi tasking on a busy day and need to have a party favorite ready for consumption right on time, follow the instructions below right after watching the video and consider it accomplished. I recommend serving this with other filling items such as loaded nachos, homemade pizza or Chili con Queso with toasted tortilla chips but this recipe will stand on its own as a yet another foodlicious experience.
Easy and delicious Chicken Wings
Place chicken, 1 ¼ cup buffalo sauce and brown sugar into the cooker. Turn and mix well.
Add butter to the cooker. Place the lid on. Cook on high for 2.5 hours.
Remove the lid and mix.
Optional but highly recommended. Transfer the chicken to a baking rack or sheet leaving space between each piece. Broil on high for 7-9 minutes per-side or until golden brown and crisp.
Dip with you favorite dip or sauce.
Share on social media.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Slow Cooker (4 qt or larger)
- 4 lbs chicken wings (flats & drums) thawed
- 2 cups buffalo sauce divided Frank's Red Hot brand
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Clean and pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
- Place chicken, 1 ½ cup buffalo sauce and brown sugar into the cooker. Turn and mix well.
- Add butter to the cooker.
- Place the lid on. Cook on high for 2.5 hours. Do not open the lid while cooking.
- Remove the lid and mix.
Optional but highly recommended: Oven for Crispness
- Transfer the chicken to a baking rack or sheet leaving space between each piece. If you sheet is too small for all the chicken, repeat steps until all are crisp.
- Place the baking sheet in the middle of the oven.
- Broil on high for 7-9 minutes per-side or until golden brown and crisp (keep an eye on them watch for the crisping of the skin).
- Brush the rest of the buffalo sauce (½ cup) all over the chicken.
Serve with your favorite dip.
More Slow Cooker Recipes